noun - The LongSwimsDB (LongSwims Database) is a searchable, cross-linked database of marathon swimmers and verified swim results. LongSwimsDB is an ongoing project to build a comprehensive and accurate historical record of marathon swims and swimmers, and develop insights about the sport through analysis and visualization.
Data as of October 2017
- 12,200+ swimmers from 115 countries.
- 30,000+ unassisted swims of 10 km or longer, from 158 established marathon swims and numerous independent solo routes.
2017 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year Nominees
1. 48 Braçades by Miquel Suñer (Spain)
2. Blue Journey Dangerous Waves Project by Bruckner Chase (USA)
3. Global Swim Series by Rob Kent & Dylan Kent (Canada)
4. LongSwimsDB by Evan Morrison (USA)
5. New York Open Water by David Barra, Rondi Davies & Alex Arévalo (USA)
6. Open Water Swim Academy by Dan Simonelli (USA)
7. Outdoor Swimmer by Simon Griffiths (Great Britain)
8. Sea Donkey with Adrian Sarchet (Guernsey)
9. Shark Bait by Dr. Seán O’Connell (Bermuda)
10. Swim Argentina by Matías Ola (Argentina)
11. The Channel of Bones with Toni Enderli (South Africa)
12. Travessia do Leme ao Pontal by Adherbal de Oliveira & Renato Ribeiro Barbosa (Brazil)
2017 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year Nomination
LongSwimsDB is a powerful, informational, searchable, constantly updated database of marathon and channel swims around the world. Developed by Evan Morrison, verified swims from more than 30,000 swims by over 12,200 swimmers from 115 countries and 158 established marathon course are publicly posted on the Marathon Swimmers Federation. Simple to use, easy to search, the database of individual swimmer profiles and event results is rapidly growing with the help of volunteers and automated data import programs. LongSwimsDB is an authoritative service that ties the global open water swimming community closer together, both across continents and generations. For documenting swims in an authoritative, historical manner, for providing interesting lists of swimmers and their achievements through an elegant computer database searchable on smartphones and laptops, and for its thoroughly simple ease of use, LongSwimsDB is a worthy nominee for the 2017 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
- Evan Morrison Honored by the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Man Of The Year Nominees
- Round-the-Island Coronado Swim - Pacific Possibilities
- LongSwims Database
- Marathon Swimmers Federation
- Looking Up Swimmers Around The World
- Unique Awards In The Open Water Swimming World, Part 6
- Never Too Old Around Manhattan Island
- Ben Lecomte To Speak From The Middle Of The Pacific