In 2017, Shimano wrote the Treasures of the CNE: Memorabilia and Tales from the Canadian National Exhibition includes full-color photos of the author’s extensive collection of cherished memorabilia from the CNE bring to life a bygone era. Anecdotes from fellow fans of Canada’s great fair evoke a simpler time when CNE treats cost just pennies, when admission to the fair was a quarter and when the country fell in love with Marilyn Bell as she completed her historic swim across Lake Ontario to Toronto’s shores. Treasures of the CNE will give readers a chance to reminisce and enjoy tales of the fair’s music, sports, events and amusements from days gone by.
- Lee Shimano Talks History And Heroes On WOWSA Live
- A Treasure Writes The Treasures Of The CNE
- The Treasures of the CNE
- Ernest Vierkoetter, Swimming As The Black Shark
- Third Time Was A Charm In Canada For Margaret Ravior And Marvin ‘Duke’ Nelson
- Open Water Swimming
- Treasures of the CNE: Memorabilia and Tales from the Canadian National Exhibition