Open Water Swimming Highlights
- On 20 August 1984, she was the 3rd woman and 6th overall in the First International Open Ocean Swim, a 41.09 km Catalina Channel crossing from Isthmus Beach of Santa Catalina Island to Cabrillo Beach on the Southern California mainland in 9 hours 52 minutes 30 seconds at the age of 23.
- On 18 August 1984, she competed in the 16.09 km First International Open Ocean Swim from the piers of Huntington Beach to Seal Beach.
- She won the 1983 30 km Champions of Egypt race.
- She won the 15 km Iskia International race in 1983.
- She won the 24 km Suez Canal to Ismailia race in 1983.
- On 3 July 1983, she was the 2nd woman and 8th overall in the 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli in Italy in 10 hours 38 minutes 22 seconds.
- She won gold and silver medals at the African Championships held in Cairo-Tunis, Algeria-Kinia.