Kristine Buckley, whose nickname is Bucko, is a 55-year-old American pool and open water swimmer from the San Mateo Masters club and the South End Rowing Club in California who has completed two Oceans Seven channels and who is a member of the Half Century Club.
Open Water Swimming Career
- She has successfully crossed the English Channel.
- She completed the 36-mile (57.9 km) END-WET marathon swim on 20 June 2015 down the Red River of the North in 13 hours 25 minutes.
- She completed the Catalina Channel in 15 hours 40 minutes on 22 September 2015.
- She finished 9th overall in the 10 km Swim for Haiti on 28 January 2018 in 4 hours 55 minutes.
- She completed the 26.4 km Sri Chinmoy Marathon Swim from Rapperswil to Zurich in Lake Zurich, Switzerland in 2011 in over 12 hours, at the age of 51.
- She has completed more than 1,000 crossings to and from Alcatraz Island in San Francisco Bay, California.
- Bay Area Woman Set to Swim from Alcatraz for 1000th Time
- Diego López Wins Swim For Haiti Before Continents Seven
- Swim For Haiti Growing Fast
- Sri Chinmoy Marathon Swim Half Century Club Members
- U.S. Masters Swimming bio
- Out Of 5 Come 6
- Where Women Dominate
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Swim for Haiti
- Swim for Haiti Facebook page
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming