Kirk McKinney is a 52-year-old American open water swimmer.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He completed a Catalina Channel crossing in 11 hours 54 minutes under the auspices of the Catalina Channel Swimming Federation in September 2014. He is also a member of the Team Nadadores Locos, a 6-person relay that completed a two-way crossing of the Farallon Islands on 1 August 2015 in 34 hours 54 minutes under the auspices of the Monterey Swimming Association. The relay is nominated for the 2015 World Open Water Swimming Performance of the Year by the World Open Water Swimming Association and included Amy Appelhans Gubser, a member of the South End Rowing Club, Kirk McKinney, a member of the South End Rowing Club, Les Mangold, a member of the South End Rowing Club, John Sims, a member of the South End Rowing Club, Jeff Everett, a member of the South End Rowing Club and Andrew McLaughlin, a member of the South End Rowing Club.
- On 27 April 2019, he had the 19th fastest cumulative time of 19:31:03.7 in the 2019 SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona.
- On 24 August, he finished 28th overall in the 15.2 km Saguaro Lake stage swim of the 4-day SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 4:15:13.5.
- On 25 August, he finished 25th in the 14.4 km Canyon Lake stage swim of the 4-day SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 3:56:02.6.
- On 26 April 2019, he finished 22nd in the 27.3 km stage across Apache Lake on Day 3 of the 4-day S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge in Arizona in 7:31:07.2 at the age of 52.
- On 27 April 2019, he finished 23rd in the 10 km stage across Roosevelt Lake on Day 4 of the 4-day S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge in Arizona in 3:48:40.4 at the age of 52.
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Team Nadadores Locos Does Two-Way Farallones Crossing
- 2015 World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year Nominees
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- World Marathon Swimming Association
- SCAR Swim Challenge Facebook page
- SCAR Swim Challenge, A Kent Nicholas Dream Realized
- Jessica Kieras Wins Day 2 Of S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Fast Flyer Freestyles, Finishes First
- Keeping Pace At SCAR Swim Challenge
- S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge Breeds Toughness
- Sunset Starts SCAR
- Stunningly Spectacular! SCAR Swims
- SCAR Is On, The 4-Day Race Has Begun