Kevin Williams is a 59-year-old Irish open water swimmer from the Tralee Bay Swimming Club member.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- He was part of the Foireann Snamh Garibaldi English Channel relay in August 2011. The Foireann Snamh Garibaldi team consisted of Sabrina Buselt, Joel Barnett, Catherine Sheridan, Barbara Held and Fionnuala Walsh who completed their English Channel crossing in 13 hours 52 minutes.
- He participated in the Cork Distance Week in 2011.
- He completed the 6-hour Sandycove Island Swim.
- He completed the Cork To Cobh swim.
- He completed the Blennerville to Fenit in Kerry 10 times.
- He was the first person to complete 23 km from Blennerville to Maharees on 2 September 2012.
- He was an English Channel aspirant in 2014.
- He completed the Triple Crown of Prison Island Swims with swims from Alcatraz Island to Aquatic Park in San Francisco Bay, California in 2009 and 2016, Spike Island, and Robben Island in South Africa in February 2019.
- He organized the 4.8 km Across The Bay swim from Derrymore beach to Locke’s beach in Fenit, Ireland.
- He organized the Polar Plunge on 25 December 2018 as a fundraiser for the Munster branch of the Special Olympics.
- He completed a 18.6 km swim from Blennerville to Maharees, Co. Kerry on 2 September 2012.