Ken Classen is a 53-year-old American open water swimmer from Denver, Colorado.
Open Water Swimming Career
- Classen participated in the World 10-mile Swimming Championships held in Lake Memphremagog, Vermont on 6 July 2013
- Classen is a Masters Swim Coach at the University of Denver who finished eighth overall in the 2014 Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in 8:04:10
- Classen finished fourth in the 2016 17.7 km (11-mile) Great Moose Migration marathon swim on 6 August 2016 in the Lucky Peak Reservoir just outside Boise, Idaho
- Classen serves as a escort crew member for Sarah Thomas' 81.8-mile solo swim across Lake Powell along the Arizona-Utah border in October 2016
- Starting on 7 August 2017, he served as an escort crew member on Sarah Thomas' unprecedented 104.6 mile (168.3 km) 67 hour 16 minute solo marathon swim in Lake Champlain in New York and Vermont.
Sarah Thomas' Lake Powell Swim
Courtesy of Jamie Patrick of Adventure Swimmer Productions in association with Sea Nymph Films showcases Sarah Thomas' unprecedented 81.8-mile (131.6 km) crossing of Lake Powell along the Arizona-Utah border in the western USA on 4-6 October 2016 in 56 hours 5 minutes. Still photos by Ken Classen.
January: Anthony McCarley, English Channel. Photo by Roger Taylor.
February: Santa Barbara Channel. Photo by Theo Schmeeckle.
March: Ted Erikson at Promontory Point, Chicago. Photo by Louise LeBourgeois.
April: Sarah Thomas at The Arc, USA. Photo by Ken Classen.
May: Underway at Lake Willoughby, USA. Photo by Phil White.
June: Grace van der Byl at MIMS 2014, USA. Photo by John Humenik.
July: Navigation, Lake Pend Oreille, USA. Photo by Andrew Malinak.
August: Suva off Cap Gris Nez, English Channel. Photo by Zoe Sadler.
September: Applegate Lake 10K Start, USA. Photo by Peter Ray.
October: Bethany Bosch & Guri at Lake Willoughby. Photo by Phil White.
November: Round Christiansborg, Denmark. Photo by Samuel Tyson.
December: Nightswimming, Ireland. Photo by Donal Buckley.
2017 MSF Calendar
Cover – Sarah Thomas swimming in Lake Powell in Arizona. Photo by Ken Classen.
January – Howard James on the earliest English Channel crossing. Photo by Danny Burrows.
February – Theodore Yach swimming his 100th Robben Island crossing. Photo by Mariza Cloete.
March – Radikal MarBrava in Girona, Spain. Photo by Burno Hervas.
April – Swimmers in Lake Willoughby in Vermont. Photo by Manuela Jessel.
May – Howard James leaving Dover. Photo by Danny Burrows.
June – Scott Zornig swimming in San Diego Harbor. Photo by Lynn Kubasek.
July – Dave Van Mouwerik swimming with a whale in Avila Beach. Photo by Michael Dobrzensky.
August – Anthony McCarley swimming in the Harlem River. Photo by Niles Furlong.
September – Marie Watson swimming in Galway Bay in Ireland. Photo by Siobhan Russell.
October – Sarah Thomas at finish on Lake Powell shoreline in Arizona. Photo by Andrew Malinak.
November – Bernard Lynch swimming in the English Channel. Photo by Siobhan Russell.
December – Swimmers entered water on Autumn Equinox in Myrtleville, Ireland. Photo by Siobhan Russell.
- Adventure Swimmers Productions Showcases Sarah Thomas
- Marathon Swimmers Federation
- The Swimmers Of 2015
- Kingdom Swim
- Rob Madell Proves It Is Never Too Late
- WOWSA Battle: Brian Phillips vs. Eric Nilsson
- Emma Otto-Moudry Can WOW The Crowd
- Pure As White In Lake Memphremagog
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- I Got Stung
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Charlotte Brynn On Road To Completion
- Moosie Motivates Migration
- The Great Moose Migration
- Swimming And Scenery From Sea To Shining Sea
- Megale Moves Magnificently In The Moose Migration
- Thomas Tribe Takes On Tough Trial
- Sarah Starts Swimming...131.6 km...
- After 24 Hours, Sarah Thomas Over Halfway In Lake Powell
- Sarah Thomas Is Beyond Incredible
- Sarah Thomas' Lake Powell Marathon Is 2016 World Open Water Swimming Performance Of The Year
- Sarah Sweeps Solo Swims
- History's First Current-Neutral 100-Mile Swim
- Swimming Through The Night With Vampires
- Dramatic Data On Sarah Thomas' Century Swim
- Sarah Thomas' Beamonesque Century Swim
- Sarah Thomas going for the century mark on Lake Champlain
- Supporting And Crewing On Sarah Thomas' Century Swim
- Sarah Thomas Honored By The Hall Of Fame