Ken Buesseler is a Senior Scientist of Marine Chemistry & Geochemistry at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution.
- B.A. University of California, San Diego, 1981, Biochemistry/ Cell Biology
- Ph.D. MIT/WHOI Joint Program, 1986, Marine Chemistry
Upper-ocean biogeochemical cycles and POC export fluxes; studies of scavenging and particle cycling processes using anthropogenic and naturally occurring radionuclides; geochemical studies of the Black Sea using Chernobyl radio tracers; plutonium isotopes and the behavior of fallout Pu in seawater and groundwater; use of radium isotopes and other tracers of submarine groundwater discharge.
The Longest Swim Support Team
- Dr. Linda Amaral-Zettler
- Dr. Ken Buesseler
- Dr. Michael DeGrandpre
- Dr. Kara Lavender Law
- Dr. Tracy Mincer
- Dr. Gerald Chris Shank
- Dr. Tracy Villareal
- Dr. Erik Zettler
- Dr. Molly S. Bray
- Dr. Edward Coyle
- Dr. Adrian Leblanc
- Dr. Benjamin Levine
- Dr. Scott Parazynski
- Ken Buesseler Profile at Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
- The Longest Swim and Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute
- The Longest Swim Official Website
- The Longest Swim Team
- 48 Years Old And In His Prime
- Who Is On Ben Lecomte's Crew For 6 Months?
- Multi-tasking While Swimming Across The Pacific Ocean
- What Is The Scale Of The Longest Swim?
- Time To Swim Across The Pacific Ocean
- Ben Lecomte's Longest Swim Update
- World's Top 100 Open Water Swims In History
- Is There A Doctor On Board?
- The Tools Of A Transpacific Stage Swim
- Scientific Research During The Longest Swim