Just get on with it
phrase - "Just get on with it" is a saying used by members of the Serpentine Swimming Club, a group of hardened and eclectic swimmers, endurance athletes, fitness swimmers and triathletes based in London, England.
Serpentine Swimming Club
The headquarters of the Serpentine Swimming Club are located at the lido in the Serpentine in Hyde Park. It is an all year-round open air swimming club. The main thrust and organisation of the club revolves around the Saturday morning handicap races, held at 8:00 throughout the year. Wetsuits are not permitted for the races. The most well known of the races is the Peter Pan Christmas Day Race. During winter months the water temperature is very low and the lake does occasionally freeze, whilst in the summer the water can reach tropical temperatures over 20°C (70°F).
The Serpentine Lake is situated in London's Hyde Park. The club has its own (somewhat Spartan) changing facilities and members are permitted by the Royal Parks to swim in the lake in the mornings before 9:30 am.
- Serpentine Swimming Club website
- Serpentine Swimming Club - The 1ºC Solution
- The Temple Of Open Water Swimming
- Just Get On With It
- Serpentine Swimming Club Has The Right Stuff
- Swimming From The Heart
- Anticipating And Dealing With The Cold
- Frozen Solid Post-Swim Shower
- Sayings From The Open Water Swimming World
- Aquatic Antifragility
- Do Ice Swimmers Have Bigger Brains?
- Serpentine's Seriously Splendid Swimming
- Home Away From Home
- 7th UK Cold Water Swimming Championships