- Reid is the co-founder of the RE7 North Shore Challenge for Camp Trillium, an open water swimming event on Lake Erie in Norfolk County, Canada. Together with Annaleise Carr, Reid co-founded the 750m, 1.5 km and 3.8 km race that is part of the Canadian Open Water Swim Series.
- Reid is the co-organizer of the 20 km Embrace The Challenge in Lake Erie with Miguel Vadillo.
Open Water Swimming Career
- He completed a 25 km marathon swim from Pottahawk to Turkey Point to Port Dover in Lake Erie as a charity swim for Keira Gayowsky, a student at Jean Vanier Elementary in Brantford where Reid is a teacher.
- He was a pace swimmer from Annaleise Carr in her swims in Lake Erie.
- He competed in the 3.8 km Variety Village Open Water Swim at Lake Boshkung.
- He is member of the North Shore Swimmers that was established in 2008 by Scot Brockbank, Wayne Boswell, John Rolfe, and Chris Peters on the North Shore of Lake Erie.
- He completed the 12.8 km Swim for the Cure.
- He completed the 15 km BIG Swim from New Brunswick to Prince Edwards Island.
- He was the 30-39 mens's age group champion of the 2015 Global Swim Series.
- He is a swimmer and organizer of the Swim For Erie, a series of 10 stage swims between 2 -3 km around the Lake Erie watershed over a 24-hour period from 8 - 9 September 2018 by Josh Reid, Anita Doppenberg, Michael Kenny and Jennifer Agnew. The event is a charity swim for the Lake Erie Guardians.