John Murphy is the race director of the Apostle Island Relay Swim (A.I.R.S.), a 20-mile (32.2 km) marathon swimming solo and relay competition around Madeline Island in Bayfield, Wisconsin held in August.
Madeline Island is one of the 22 Apostle Islands in Lake Superior located off the Bayfield peninsula in Northern Wisconsin. The largest of the Apostle Islands, it is the only island in the Apostle Island chain open to commercial development and private ownership. The island can be accessed by ferry from nearby Bayfield.
- Sandra Bucha Talks About Seeking Opportunities On WOWSA Live
- Apostle Island Relay Swim
- 32 km Around Madeline Island
- The Murphy's Sea Warriors In The Open Water
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Swimmers Take On The Apostles
- Heroes And Heroines From Hinsdale