John Leonard is the Executive Director of the American Swim Coaches Association (ASCA) and the World Swim Coaches Association (WSCA), the leading organizations that provide leadership to American and world pool swimming coaches at all levels. He was named one of the top 10 most impactful people in swimming by Swimming World Magazine.
American Swim Coaches Association
ASCA develops and supports professional coaches and quality career opportunities in collaboration with its partners in the world aquatics community. It is an independent professional association based on a central theme of: “Leadership, Education, Certification" and is dedicated to creating and enhancing solutions that are effective in strengthening and improving the coaching profession, American swimming and World Swimming. ASCA plays a leadership role in evaluating past efforts, present concerns and future planning; and in proposing solutions in both the coaching and swimming communities. The leadership function is provided by synthesizing ideas and information from throughout the swimming community into a coherent direction for action. The education function is designed to provide coaches with the tools necessary to build better swimmers and better people, with the most relevant of coaching information delivered by the most effective means such as clinics (including the World Clinic and Gold Medal Clinic), publications, home study schools and online.
- 30 Most Influential People in Swimming + 3
- American Swim Coaches Association
- John Leonard on Twitter
- Most Impactful People In Swimming
- Tom Fristoe Named One Of Swimming's Most Impactful
- We All Deserve Better
- Athletes Do Right Thing By Craig Lord
- John Leonard To FINA's Cornel Marculescu
- World Swimming Association Is Launched
- The World’s Clean Adult Athletes Must Protect Themselves
- Joining The Olympic Family Via IOC Universality Programme
- The Path to Clean Swimming
- FINA's Financial Strength And Uses Of Money