Jay Benner is an American open water swimmer and coach.
- He was the coach of the United Arab Emirates national swimming team.
- He served as a USA Swimming national open water swimming team coach.
- He coaches Kate Willoughby in the 25km charity swim called Swim The World.
- In 1997, he finished 6th in the 25 km Swim Across The Sound in Connecticut, USA in 6 hours 4 minutes 31 seconds.
- On 11 July 1998, he finished 2nd in the 45.9 km Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in New York City, USA in 7 hours 19 minutes 40 seconds.
- In 1998, he finished 7th in the 25 km Swim Across The Sound in Connecticut, USA in 4 hours 56 minutes 54 seconds.
- On 24 July 1999, he finished 7th in the 42 km Traversee Internationale du lac Memphremagog across Lake Memphremagog from Newport, Vermont, USA to Magog, Quebec, Canada in 9 hours 8 minutes 37 seconds.
- In 1999, he finished 12th in the 57 km Maratón Acuática Internacional Santa Fe - Coronda in the Río Coronda, Argentina in 8:30:57.
- In 1999, he finished 4th in the 9.7 km Swim Across The Sound in Connecticut, USA in 2 hours 5 minutes 14 seconds.
- In 2001, he finished 8th in the 25 km Swim Across The Sound in Connecticut, USA in 5 hours 31 minutes 52 seconds.