James Savage is a 14-year-old American pool and open water swimmer from Los Banos, California.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- At the age of 9, he became the youngest individual to complete a round-trip Alcatraz Island swim in San Francisco Bay.
- He has swum from Alcatraz Island nine times in his career.
- He has swum the length of the Golden Gate Bridge four times.
- 5/11/2019 - First individual to swim across San Luis Reservoir (7.3 miles) at the age of 12
- Completed Lake Tahoe Viking Swim (10.5 miles) at the age of 12 (Youngest individual)
- Completed Lake Tahoe Godfather Swim (12 miles) at the age of 13 (Youngest individual)
- Completed Lake Tahoe Fat Middle Swim (12 miles) at the age of 14, 6 days (Youngest Male)
- He received an Honorary ESPY Award in July 2019.