Open Water Swimming Career
- Kegley was inducted in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame in 1991 as an Honour Swimmer
- The graduate from Indiana University was a prominent professional marathon swimmer in the 1980s
- He coached other marathon swimmers like David Alleva in the 1990s
- He won the 1980 24 Heures La Tuque 24-hour Marathon Relay with Paul Asmuth
- He placed in the top three at the 35.4 km (22-mile) Sydney Harbor Marathon Swim, 35.4 km (22-mile) Around-the-Island Marathon Swim in Atlantic City, USA, the 32 km (20-mile) Traversée Internationale du lac Memphrémagog in 7 hours 11 minutes in 1980 in Canada as well as other marathon swims in Canada (Traversée Internationale du lac St-Jean), Argentina, Egypt (Port Said), and Italy (Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli).
- He won the 57 km (36-mile) Maratón Acuática Internacional Santa Fe - Coronda river swim in the Coronda River in Argentina in 7 hours 59 minutes in 1987
- Kegley holds the longest-standing world record in a U.S. Masters Swimming sanctioned open water swim, the 2-mile Chris Greene Lake Swim in Virginia.
- On 5 July 1992, the finished 18th at the 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli in Italy in 7 hours 18 minutes 11 seconds at the age of 35.
- He finished 6th in the 36.2 km Atlantic City Around The Island Swim in Atlantic City, New Jersey on 12 August 1989.
- Awards, Honors Of The International Swimming Hall Of Fame
- David Alleva Wins 1989 Atlantic City Around The Island Swim
- Looking Up Into The Sky For Energy At 24 Heures La Tuque
- David Alleva Talks About The Pro Circuit On WOWSA Live
- A Tough Tempestuous Traversée, Grande-Anse à Paspébiac
- ElShazly – Father And Son – Hall Of Famers On WOWSA Live
- Doug Northway, An Unexpected Triumph In The 1984 Traversée
- Dr. David Alleva Plays The Long Game In Labs And The Open Water
- James Kegley Describes His Journey On WOWSA Live
- James Kegley Photography
- Open Water Swimming
- Paul Asmuth Talks About Racing And Solo Swimming On WOWSA Live
- Marathon Swimming
- What Goes Around Comes Around
- James Kegley Photography Facebook page
- James Kegley's Life And Wife
- Lindsay Moran Blowing My Cover: My Life As A CIA Spy
- Who Will Top Maratón Acuática Santa Fe - Coronda in 2014?
- James Kegley's Amazing Aquatic Adventure
- Anything That Can Go Wrong Will Go Wrong
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio