Jim Janik is a 42-year-old American open water swimmer from Colorado.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He achieved the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming on 1 June 2019 after winning the 45.8 km 20 Bridges Swim around Manhattan Island in 7 hours 35 minutes 43 seconds at the age of 42.
- He completed a 33.8 km crossing of the English Channel in 11 hours 31 minutes at the age of 41.
- On 25 July 2015, he completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel in 10 hours 37 minutes 51 seconds although he was injured the previous day by a stingray across a very lumpy Catalina Channel while coached by Nick Lebine, a 2-time English Channel swimmer, with Crew Chief Maria Steyaart, masterfeedermixers Wendy Conlon and Maria S., paddlers Ray Regalado, Nick Lebine and Maria Steyaart, and escorted by Captain John Pittman on the Outrider with Catalina Channel Swimming Federation observers Lynn Kubasek and Marc Horwitz.
- Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Mark Sheridan, Spectacular Swimming And Serving In The Open Water
- Anna-Carin Nordin Achieves Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming
- Avishag Turek, An Inspirational Pioneer From Israel
- James Janik Wins 20 Bridges Swim Around Manhattan