Ishigaki Island (or 石垣島 'Ishigaki-jima') is an island west of Okinawa and the second-largest island of the Yaeyama Island group. It is within the City of Ishigaki in Okinawa Prefecture. The city functions as the business and transport center of the archipelago. Much of the island and surrounding waters, including Mount Omoto and Kabira Bay, are protected as part of Iriomote-Ishigaki National Park. Ishigaki Island, like the rest of Okinawa, takes cultural influences from both Japan and China due to its location between China and mainland Japan.
- Blue or Green? What Are The Colors Of The Sea?
- 生き甲斐 - Living Well Around The Open Water
- The Coastal Framework Of Copacabana Beach
- The Shark Diver Controversy In Ocean Swimming
- Living Well Around The Open Water
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Hanging Around Hammerheads
- How Technology Changes Things In The Open Water
- Mini Channel Swimming Around The World