Hugo Rodriguez Barroso
Extreme Sports Career Highlights
- In August 1985, he was pulled hypothermic from the English Channel 3 km from the finish after 15 hours in the water.
- On 13 August 1986, he crossed the 33.8 km English Channel from England to France in 13 hours 0 minutes.
- August 1988: he completed a 13-hour all-butterfly crossing in Cozumel to Cancún, Mexico to establish a Guinness World Record in 1990.
- On 26 August 1993, he crossed the 33.8 km English Channel from England to France in 13 hours 4 minutes and received the Mexican National Sports Prize.
- November 1993: Three continuous ascents in 20 hours 30 minutes in Mexico
- August 1994: summited Mont Blanc in The Alps, France
- August 1995: summited Matterhorn in The Alps, Switzerland.
- December 1995: summited Mount Aconcagua in The Andes, Argentina
- May 1997: summited Mount Everest in Himalaya, Nepal (8,850 meters).
- May 1999: summited Mount Everest in Himalaya, Nepal, “Mexico en la Cima del Mundo” Expedition Leader (8,850 meters).
- May 2000: summitted Mount Everest in Himalaya, Nepal; South Summit. (8,750 meters).
- November 2000: Deportista Mexicano del Siglo XX (XX Century Mexican Sportsperson) honor (with other 24 sportspersons)
He wrote a book about his harrowing summit of Mount Everest:
- An Everest Survivor: A Quest for Survival Above 28,000 Feet (English)
- Un sobreviviente del Everest: Una hazaña de supervivencia por arriba de los 8,600 metros de altitud (Spanish)
- Greg Johnson Completes The Peak And Pond
- 3 Amigos: Hugo Rodríguez, Ivar Sisniega, Antonio Argüelles On WOWSA Live
- Climbers of Mount Everest
- An Everest Survivor: A Quest for Survival Above 28,000 Feet
- Un sobreviviente del Everest: Una hazaña de supervivencia por arriba de los 8,600 metros de altitud
- Hugo Rodriguez Barroso To Appear On WOWSA Live
- Mt. Everest - The English Channel of Climbing
- Peaks And Ponds - Dryland And Open Water Endurance
- Peak And Pond People
- Allan McLeland Achieves Peak And Pond Challenge
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Three's A Charm For Professor Patrick McKnight
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Jason Snell Achieves The Peak And Pond Challenge
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio