noun - A hotspot is any point somewhere along a race course where an award is given for the first swimmer to reach as a means to motivate the field to swim fast throughout the course.
The swimmers raced to each of the three hot spots along the course at the Midmar Mile]].
First started at the aQuellé Midmar Mile in South Africa, where prize money is given to the first swimmer who crosses each hot spot over the mile course.
- South Africans Show Heartfelt Gratitude For Wayne Ridden’s Contributions & Leadership
- Keri-Anne Payne Travels To Win 8th aQuellé Midmar Mile
- Wayne Riddin Moves On
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung