Hermosa Beach is a beachfront city in the South Bay area of Los Angeles County in Southern California, United States. The city is part of the three Beach Cities of the greater Los Angeles area including Manhattan Beach to the north and Redondo Beach to the south and east.
The city's beach is popular for sunbathing, beach volleyball, surfing, open water swimming and paddle boarding. The city itself extends only about 15 blocks from east to west and 40 blocks from north to south, with the Pacific Coast Highway running down the middle. Situated on the Pacific Ocean, Hermosa's average temperature is 70°F in the summer and 55°F in the winter.
A paved path, called The Strand, runs along Hermosa's beach from Torrance Beach in the south approximately twenty miles north to Santa Monica and the Hermosa Beach pier is at the end of Pier Avenue, which is one of the beach community's main and shopping, eating and partying areas.
Hermosa Beach is site of the following ocean swims:
- Board Short Mile, a charity ocean swim
- annual Dwight Crum Pier-To-Pier Swim that finishes in Manhattan Beach.
Dwight Crum Pier-To-Pier Swim
The Dwight Crum Pier-To-Pier Swim starts on the south side of Hermosa Pier and finishes on the north side of the Manhattan Beach Pier. For more information and pre-qualification requirements, contact email@example.com.
Manhattan Beach Channel Swimming Clinic
Hermosa Beach was site of the Beach event of the 2014 Reebok CrossFit Games.
Hermosa Beach is site of the 2016 United States Lifesaving Association National Lifeguard Championships.
- Bill Brand Making A Lasting Impact
- Dwight Crum Pier-To-Pier Swim
- The Legacy Of Dwight Crum
- Manhattan Beach Channel Swimming Clinic
- Mallory Mead Channeling Confidence And Camaraderie
- The Inexcusable, Inhumane Lack Of Regard Of Swimmers
- Free Ocean Workouts With SCAQ
- The Fittest On Earth Have To Swim
- Dwight Crum Swam For 33 Years And Left A Legacy
- Third Time Is A Charm
- When Competitiveness Shines Among CrossFit Men
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Gotta Love These Men And Women
- United States Lifesaving Association
- Swimming In South Bay + Santa Monica