Helge Jensen is an open water swimmer from Denmark and Canada who was inducted in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame in 1970 as an Honour Swimmer and member of the World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- Jensen finished fifth in the 1955 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli (Capri-Napoli International Swimming Crossing Competition) in Italy.
- Jensen swam the English Channel in 13 hours 17 minutes in 1959 in the Butlin International race.
- Jensen set a world record in the English Channel swimming from England to France in 10 hours 23 minutes in 1960 that stood for 16 years.
- Jensen won the 1959 34 km (21-mile) Traversée Internationale du lac St-Jean professional race in Quebec, Canada.
- Jensen finished second in the 1958 34 km (21-mile) Traversée Internationale du lac St-Jean professional race in Quebec, Canada..
- A Tribute To The Brickell Family of Pilots
- World Record Progression Of English Channel Crossings
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame]
- Traversée internationale du Lac St-Jean
- English Channel world record progression
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- WPMSF Led To IMSHOF
- Who Are They And Where Did They Come From?
- Where Are They Now?