Giovanna "G" Richards from the United Kingdom and is a Level 2 ASA licensed Swimming Coach and experienced open water swimmer and winter swimmer. Richards has coached at Larkfield Leisure Centre, David Lloyd, Leybourne Lake and currently runs Blue Manta Swimming.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- She has completed crossings of Windermere and Coniston.
- She completed the 2015 Champion of Champions event in Dover Harbour.
- She has served as an observer for the Channel Swimming Association.
- She is a winter swimmer who competed in the 450m winter swimming race at the 2015 Big Chill Swim at the Low Wood Bay Marina, Windermere, England in 5.4ºC water.
She coaches and conducts workshops to make swimmers and triathletes better and smarter in the water. In 2011 she was selected to be a British Swimming Open Water Official. She is also a guide and coach with Strel Swimming Adventure Holidays and guides the Nemes Nutter, a pod of extreme swimmers. She is an ex-Army Combat Medical Technician who wrote about Stephen White, Jamie Gillespie, Craig Howarth, Craig Dryden, and Conrad Thorpe’s English Channel relay in H2Open Magazine.
Video of Tours
Strel Swimming Adventure Holidays Coaches
- Strel Swimming Adventure Holidays website
- Giovanna Richards
- Blue Manta Swimming
- 800 Heat Up Big Chill Swim In Windermere
- ChillSwim website
- British Long Distance Swimming Association Facebook page
- Senior Ladies In The Champion Of Champions
- British Long Distance Swimming Association
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- The Swim