noun - Expedition swimming in non-competitive swimming in natural open body of water including oceans, lakes, rivers, bays and reservoirs, performed for pleasure, adventure or fitness at any time of the day or night. Expedition swimming is generally done with partners or teammates or with tour members as part of guided tours, along coastlines, in lakes or around islands, although it can be done anywhere. Open water races, competitions, camps, clinics, events, solo channel swims or marathon relays are not considered expedition swimming.
The team did some expedition swimming around the islands of Greece.
wild swimming, open water swimming, free swimming, long distance swimming, swim trekking, sea trekking, swim excursion, excursion swimming, adventure swimming, sea expedition, free solo swim, free solo swimming, free solo channel swim, free solo channel swimming
The Highest Swim
Madswimmers doing high-altitude swimming at 5909m (19,386 feet) in a frozen lake on Mt Tres Cruces, a volcano in the Andes Mountains along the Argentina - Chile border in South America with the water temperature between 0.5 - 2ºC (32.9ºF - 35.6ºC). Jean Craven, Herman van der Westhuizen and Chris Marthinusen completed the 5-minute neoprened wild swim while Evan Feldman and Milton Brest swam in wetsuits and Robert Graaff and Juandre Human were unable to partake in the final swim due to medical restraints after a 6-hour hike up the volcano and a laborious creating of the small area to swim through the 20 cm thick ice covering.
- What Is Open Water Swimming?
- What Is Expedition Swimming?
- Swimming Where No Man Has Swum Before
- It Was A Mad, Mad Swim Across The Mozambique Channel
- Swimming On Holiday
- Cave Dwelling In The Open Water
- Orienteering In The Open Water
- What Comes Around, Goes Around...Piers
- Why Open Water Swimming Will Continue To Explode
- What Should A Museum Of Open Water Swimming Offer?
- How Many Channel Swimmers Are There In The World?
- How Many Marathon Swimmers Are There In The World?
- Olympic Marathon Swims For Amateurs Of All Abilities
- List of Marathon Swims
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Marathon Swimming
- What Is A Marathon Swim?
- Do Marathon Runs Compare To Marathon Swims?
- Longest Marathon Swims In The World
- What is The Defined Distance Of A Marathon Swim?
- Travessia 14 Bis Held Today
- Open Water Swimming Bucket Lists
- It Takes All Kinds Of Aquatic Athletes
- Growth On Terra Firma Mirrors That Of The Open Water
- Swimming Before The Crack Of Dawn
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- I Got Stung
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- The ABCs of Open Water Swimming
- Open Water Swimming Word of The Day - Expedition Swimming