Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- He was a member of the the English Channel 2-way relay team called Crosóige Mara, which also included Maeve Ryan, Owen O'Keefe, Caitlin Desmond, Lynne Lynch, and Carol Cashell. They swam under the escort of Michael Oram of the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation on 13 July 2013. The first leg took the team 10 hours 18 minutes 59 seconds which is just one second faster than team member Owen O'Keefe's solo swim time for the same crossing, and the second leg took 10 hours 10 minutes 1 second. The total time of 20 hours 29 minutes 0 second was a new Irish 2-way relay record by over 40 minutes. Through the swim, the team raised €13,250 for the Down Syndrome Ireland charity and advocacy group.
- He completed his Millennium Swim around Sandycove Island in Cork, Ireland on 12 June 2019.
- Robert Bohane Smashed Valencia Island Record
- Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation
- The Wait Is Over!
- Crosóige Mara | Facebook
- Crosóige Mara 2013 (@CrosoigeMara) | Twitter
- We did it! | Fermoy Fish
- Team Crosóige Mara | Swimmers Rock
- Swimmers Unite for Charity Cross-Channel Relay | Cork Independent
- Cork Swimmers Break Channel Crossing Record | Evening Echo
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Carol Cashell, The Latest Triple Crowner From Ireland
- Eoin O’Riordan Completes His Millennium Swim Around Sandycove Island