Elivar Sports Nutrition
Elivar Sports Nutrition produces and distributes Tailored Sports Nutrition for the Over 35s. Elivar can help over 35s train for marathons, triathlons and charity events. It developed the world's first range of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, and minerals tailored specifically for athletes and active sports people over 35 and is the sponsor of the Total Immersion in the English Channel relay team.
Total Immersion in the English Channel
The Total Immersion in the English Channel is an international 6-member relay team sponsored by Terry Laughlin of Total Immersion that will attempt a one-way crossing of the English Channel under the auspices of the Channel Swimming Association in the first week of August. Its members include Christof Wandratsch, Kirsten Cameron, Steve West, Bernie Zeruhn, Andrew Chamberlain, Dave Warren, Colin Hill (alternate swimmer), Simon Griffiths (alternate swimmer), Steven Munatones (alternate swimmer), Wayne Soutter (team leader), Terry Laughlin (Total Immersion representative and coaching consultant).
Elivar Open Water Swim Series
Elivar is the title sponsor of the Elivar Open Water Swim Series, a series of open water swimming competitions in Scotland and Ireland including locations in Bardowie Loch, Loch Lomond and Loch Venechar in Scotland, and Lough Key Forest Park, Gougane Barra and Glendalough in Ireland. Its goal is to create a Four Nations swim series in coordination with Robert Hamilton of Vigour Events and John Fitzgerald of OpenWaterSwimmer.ie.
The Elivar Open Water Swim Series races include:
- 8 June, Bardowie Loch, Scotland: 750m,1 km and 2 km races set in the stunning grounds of Bardowie Castle, Bardowie near Milngavie by Vigour Events.
- 21 June, Lough Key Forest Park, Boyle, Ireland: 750m and 1.5 km races set in the lovely green isles of Lough Key by openwaterswimmer.ie.
- 21 June, Luss, Loch Lomand, Scotland: 750m, 1 km and 2 km races set in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park by Vigour Events.
- 19 July, Loch Venechar, Scotland: 1 km, 2 km and 3 km set in Loch Venechar, a fresh water loch in Stirlingshire, located between Callander and Brig o’Turk by Vigour Events.
- 10 August, Milarrochy Bay, Scotland: Set in Milarrochy Bay that sits on the eastern shore of Loch Lomond and is a perfect base for anyone thinking of exploring the famous Loch.
- 6 September: Loch Ard, Scotland: 1 km, 2 km, 3 km, 5 km, 10 km and 12.5 km set in Loch Ard, one of the smallest fresh water lochs in Scotland by Vigour Events.
- 6 & 7 September: Glendalough, Wicklow, Ireland: 750m, 1.5 km (6 September) and 3.9 km (7 September) by OpenWaterSwimmer.ie.
- TBC, Gougane Barra, Cork, Ireland: 750m and 1.5 km set in Gougane Barra (Irish: Guagán Barra, meaning “the rock of Barra”), nestled in the Cork mountains where the lake remains an unsoiled Irish gem by OpenWaterSwimmer.ie.
- Preparing To Endure With Elivar
- Elivar Open Water Swim Series
- Scottish Open Water Swim Series Gains New Sponsor
- Vigour Events
- Open Water Swimmer Ireland
- Elivar Sports Nutrition
- Elivar Sports Nutrition Facebook page
- Elivar Sports Nutrition Twitter
- Over 40s team to try for English Channel relay record
- Gen X Looking To Test Time
- The Boys Are Back