- Sidner has served as the race director of five U.S. Masters Swimming National 10K Open Water Swimming Championships since 2008.
- Sidner currently serves as the race director of the 2012 Planet Adventure Swimming Series (PASS), three open water swimming events in Noblesville in central Indiana, USA.
- Sidner's swimming coaching website is SwimOpenWater.net.
- Sidner is a U.S. Masters Swimming Level 4 Coach and USA Swimming Level 3 certified Coach.
- Sidner is Red Cross certified in CPR, First Aid and Safety Training for Swim Coaches.
- Sidner is a long-standing member of the USMS Long Distance Committee (14 years).
- Sidner was a member of the USMS Open Water Clinic Task Force
- Sidner hosted the first USMS Open Water Clinic in June 2011. The Open Water Clinic was repeated in 2012-2015.
- Sidner’s masters swim team, known as the NASTI’s (Noblesville Adult Swim Team, inc.) was awarded the 2009 USMS Club of the Year.
- Sidner specializes in developing improved stroke and open water techniques in both experienced and novice triathletes and masters swimmers. This site features swim videos of open water champions and students alike and offers the opportunity to review your own videos, ask questions and discuss stroke and open water techniques.
U.S. Masters Swimming Honors
- Sidner received the 2008 USMS Donnelly Service Award and served as a panelist and presenter at the first “Protecting Athletes: USMS Open Water Safety Conference.”
- Sidner received the U.S. Masters Swimming Open Water Service Award for 2016.
- Swim Open Water
- Planet Adventure Swimming Series registration
- PASS series
- Swim Open Water website
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Amanda Horton Gets Inspired
- Dick Sidner Awarded USMS Open Water Service Award