Ward is an Honour Swimmer in the Hall of Fame – Marathon Swimming Ireland of the inaugural Class of 2018. Her Class of 2018 includes Honour Swimmer Chris Bryan, Honour Swimmer Lisa Cummins, Honour Swimmer Kieran Fitzgerald, Honour Swimmer Jack McClelland, Honour Contributor Eilís Burns (Coach), Honour Contributor Martin Cullen (Administrator), Honour Contributor Brian Meharg (Pilot), and Honour Contributor Quinton Nelson (Pilot).
Open Water Swimming Career
- Ward was the membership secretary for the Otter Swimming Club in London between 2009 and 2016.
- Ward serves as the Vice Captain of the Serpentine Swimming Club and a Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation committee member.
- Ward completed the English Channel under the auspices of the Channel Swimming & Piloting Federation on 26 July 2012 in 14 hours 30 minutes at the age of 32.
- Ward completed the 26.4 km Lake Zurich Marathon Swim on 8 August 2010 in 8 hours 33 minutes 57 seconds.
- Ward competed in the 2014 Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in 9 hours 21 minutes 10 seconds at the age of 34.
- Ward completed her second crossing of the English Channel in July 2015 in 15 hours 31 minutes at the age of 35.
- Ward completed a 68 km (42-mile) two-way crossing of the English Channel in 27 hours 52 minutes 53 seconds on 23-24 August 2016 (EF was 13 hours 15 minutes + FE was 14 hours 37 minutes with husband Mike Barron, Mark Fabik and Nick Adams as support crew and Neil Streeter as her escort pilot to join the 24-Hour Club.
- Ward was a member of the Cold Turkey, a six-person relay that crossed the English Channel on 2 December 2017 in 13 hours 18 minutes with Boris Mavra, Kevin Blick, Mark Johanssen, Dani Lobo and Rob Ouldcott, all members of the Serpentine Swim Club and escorted by Sea Satin.
- Ward learned how to swim and trained with the St Paul's Swimming Club in Dublin, Ireland until she left Dublin in 2002 to live in London. She trains currently with Otter Swimming Club and with the Serpentine Swimming Club in London.
- Ward completed a 34 km (21-mile) two-way crossing of Windermere in 2014 in 12 hours 2 minutes 55 seconds.
- Ward contributed over the years as a swim organiser and volunteer.
- On 4-5 September 2019, Ward completed the LGSA Signature Swim (The Ultimate Trophy Swim, a 70 km crossing of Lake Geneva (Lac Léman) from Château de Chillon in Villeneuve to Bains des Pâquis in Geneva. in 25 hours 45 minutes 2 seconds at the age of 39 to join the 24-Hour Club for the second time.
- Sir John Royden Raising Money And Hopes
- Gráinne Moss Talks About Lake Taupo and Cook Strait Crossings On WOWSA Live
- Presenting The Ireland Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame Class of 2021
- Presenting The Ireland Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame On WOWSA Live
- Hall of Fame – Marathon Swimming Ireland Announced
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association
- Double The Trouble, Twice As Nice For Deirdre Ward
- Congratulations Deirdre Ward English Channel Solo swimmer
- Good luck Deirdre Ward in English Channel on 23 August
- Deirdre Ward is the 16th woman ever to complete a two way solo swim of the English Channel
- NYC Swim bio
- The Challenge, Captivation And Cruelty Of The Open Water
- Swim Agelessly In The Open Water
- Updated 24-Hour Club
- 24-hour Club…Swimming All Day And Night
- Swimming For More Than 24 Hours
- The Winter Serious
- 6 Degrees Of Separation In The English Channel
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Martin Cullen, Father Of Cork Marathon Swimming
- Lisa Cummins, Irish Luminary In The Open Water
- Eilís Burns, Irish Luminary In The Open Water
- Deirdre Ward, Irish Luminary In The Open Water
- Kieran Fitzgerald, Godfather Of Irish Channel Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Irish Long Distance Swimming Association Official Website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- A Look Back: Facing The Unexpected In Setúbal
- Who's Who In English Channel's Over-and-Back
- Young Begets Young Across The English Channel