Open Water Swimming Career
- On 6 September 1977, he crossed the 32.3 km Catalina Channel from the Southern California mainland to the Santa Catalina Island in 9 hours 40 minutes.
- On 10 September 1978, he completed a 64.6 km two-way crossing of the Catalina Channel (MCM) in 19 hours 32 minutes 36 seconds (his first leg (MC) was 8 hours 50 minutes 59 seconds; his second leg (CM) was 10 hours 41 minutes 27 seconds).
- On 11 July 2010, he completed a 8.4 km Semana Nautica Summer Sports Festival near Santa Barbara, California in 2 hours 2 minutes 47 seconds.
- Canadian Consortium Acquires MSF – Other Major Acquisitions Are On The Horizon
- California Pioneer Cindy Cleveland
- Images We Never See Anymore In The Open Water
- Bodyguards In The Open Water
- Diana Nyad Fact Check
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- Half Century Club In The Catalina Channel
- Daniel Slosberg Facebook page
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Swim Catalina
- Pittmans Inducted In Marathon Swimming Hall Of Fame
- 1978, The Year That Was
- Rose Helps Swimmers Bloom In The Open Water
- World Open Water Swimming Association