Colleen Shield is a Canadian open water swimmer who has successfully crossed Lake Ontario in August 1990 and August 2006. She is an official Swim Master for Solo Swims of Ontario with a track record of bringing over 10 successful swimmers across Lake Ontario.
She also coached Nicole Mallette across Lake Ontario and was recipient of The Cliff Lumsdon Award for recognition of outstanding achievements in solo marathon swimming in Ontario, Canada. She also participated on [Lake Ontario]] relay commemorating Marilyn Bell’s 50th anniversary of her crossing.
She has swam for Etobicoke Masters Swim Club since 1981 and competed at the World Masters Championships in both pool and open water swimming events since 1985.
Marathon Swimming Crossings
• 2012 - Lake Ontario attempt.
• 2006 - Successful Lake Ontario crossing.
• 2005 - Lake Ontario attempt with Nicole Harrison.
• 1997 - Tobermory to Manitoulin Island attempt.
• 1995 - Successful Tobermory to Manitoulin Island crossing.
• 1993 – Successful Lake Huron – Tobermory to Manitoulin Island crossing.
• 1990 – Successful Lake Ontario crossing.