Open Water Swimming Career
- On 16 August 2009, he completed the 10 km Horsetooth Swim in Colorado in 2 hours 37 minutes 12 seconds.
- On 6 August 2010, he completed a crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 10 hours 41 minutes 32 seconds at the age of 49.
- On 18 June 2011, he completed the 45.8 km Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in New York in 8 hours 15 minutes 12 seconds at the age of 50.
- On 18 August 2011, he completed a crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the Southern California mainland in 10 hours 41 minutes 16 seconds.
- On 3 August 2012, he completed a 34.2 km crossing of Lake Tahoe from Camp Richardson to Incline Village in 11 hours 9 minutes at the age of 51.
- On 7 May 2014, he completed a 13.3 km crossing of Saguaro Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 3 hours 34 minutes 58 seconds.
- On 8 May 2014, he completed a 14.1 km crossing of Canyon Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in 3 hours 43 minutes 7 seconds.
- On 9 May 2014, he completed a 22.8 km crossing of Apache Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 7 hours 27 minutes 26 seconds.
- On 10 May 2014, he completed a 9 km crossing of Roosevelt Lake at the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 3 hours 15 minutes.
- On 20 June 2015, he completed the 58 km END-WET down the Red River of the North in North Dakota in 10 hours 38 minutes at the age of 54.
- Catalina Channel Swimming Federation
- Lake Tahoe Swimming Society website
- Open Water Swimming
- High Society In Lake Tahoe
- Where Women Dominate
- Where Greatness Is The Standard
- John Batchelder Flys Through The Open Water
- Anticipation and Winds Way Up In The Catalina Channel
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio