He is a coach with the Plymouth Canton Cruisers.
Swimming Career Highlights
- He won a bronze medal in the 1500m freestyle in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games
- He held 3 American records.
- He was an NCAA Champion.
- He was a 9-time Big Ten Champion for the University of Michigan.
- He represented the United States as a member of multiple international teams at both pool and open water swimming international championships including the 2004 FINA World Open Water Swimming Championships in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates), the Pan American Games and the Pac Pacific Swimming Championships
- He won the 2002 RCP Tiburon Mile in San Francisco Bay, California.
- He won the 2016 and 2017 10 km marathon swim at the Swim to the Moon races near Hell, Michigan.
- He won the US$20,000 first prize at the 2016 Mighty Mac Swim in Michigan.
- He won the US$20,000 first prize at the 2019 Mighty Mac Swim in Michigan in 1:30:26.4.
- RCP Tiburon Mile Postponed Until 2022
- Chris Thompson, Kaelan Oldani to Defend Mighty Mac Swim Titles
- 2017 Mighty Mac Swim Set For Registration
- Amanda Stevens, Chris Thompson Win $20,000 In Straits
- Michigan Man Across The Mighty Mac
- Mackinac Bridge Walk Crowd Surpasses Expectations
- 50th Annual Mackinac Bridge Walk Will Be Monday
- 50th Annual Mackinac Bridge Walk
- Superhuman And Not...Swim the Straits of Mackinac Returns
- Jim Dreyer And The Mighty Mac Swim
- Michigan's Mighty Mac Across The Mackinac
- Highest Grossing Open Water Charity Swims In The World
- US$20,000 Grand Prize At Mighty Mac Swim
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim round-up
- Marathon Swimming
- Olympic 10K Marathon Swim
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- I Got Stung
- World Marathon Swimming Association
- USA Swimming Sends Nine Athletes to FINA Open Water World Championships
- Mighty Mac Swim Awards US$40,000 on Labor Day
- Chris Thompson Defends His Swim To The Moon Title