Chris Ritter is a certified strength and conditioning specialist and Athletic Performance Coach from Charlotte, North Carolina who operates RITTER Sports Performance. He organized and hosts the 2016 Global Swimming Summit.
He has over a decade of experience successfully coaching a diverse population of athletes and clientele from youth to beginners, masters athletes, even Olympic Gold Medalists. He is always learning and refining the RITTERSP training methods. His professional and academic credentials include a degree in Exercise Science & Kinesiology, CSCS, NASM-PES, USAW and IYCA-YFS.
2016 Global Swimming Summit
- Gerry Rodrigues
- Lesley Patterson
- Gary Hall Sr.
- Mike Collins
- Brad Kearns
- Alex Kostich
- Glenn Mills
- Karlyn Pipes
- Tyler Fenwick
- Kevin Rindal
- Kristian Manietta
- Steph Saullo
- Kevin Koskella, co-host
RITTER Sports Performance
RITTER Sports Performance was founded by Ritter as an online, virtual training and continuing education platform for coaches, swimmers, triathletes, masters swimmers, and open water swimmers to achieve their performance goals. It is a dryland training resource with certification, education and programs for teams and individual swimmer that includes the following offerings:
- SURGE Strength is an online platform and education program that includes a SURGE Strength Dryland Certification, the only certification specific to dryland training for swimming.
- The Hive offers swim coaches access to the best coaches and information about training their swimmers to go faster.
RITTER Sports Performance History
RITTER Sports Performance was founded in 2011 by Ritter. Leading up to that time, Ritter was both a strength coach and a swim coach for a number of programs at the club and collegiate level. Included in these programs was a professional swim group that was training for the 2008 USA Olympic Trials and the 2008 Olympic Games. This group included multiple elite-level athletes from all over the world, and Ritter was their Head Strength and Conditioning Coach. Within this group, one athlete in particular went on to rewrite the story books, and that was Cullen Jones.
Cullen swam on the 4x100m freestyle relay at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. This was the relay where Michael Phelps, Garrett Weber-Gale, Cullen Jones, and Jason Lezak defeated the French. Ever since that relay happened, Ritter decided to take his coaching capabilities a step further, and extend his reach to not just working with athletes in-person.
RITTER Sports Performance is now an online, virtual training and continuing education platform for coaches, swimmers, triathletes, masters athletes, and open water swimmers that serves to help any swimmer or coach get to their performance goals.
- Core Training Webinar hosted by Chris Ritter of SURGE Strength
- Chris Ritter, Paul Yetter Give Webinar On The Process of Dryland Training
- Getting Ready, Resilient, Ripped With Ritter
- RITTER Sports Performance
- SURGE Strength
- The Hive
- Ritter Sports Performance
- Global Swimming Summit
- Free Global Swimming Summit Begins October 25th
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Fill 3 Buckets for Better Swimming By Gerry Rodrigues
- Essentials Of Triathlon Swimming By Mike Collins
- Swim Training's Effects On The Rest Of Triathlon Training
- Building Training Volume, Speed The Right Way
- Alex Kostich On Successful Open Water Distance Swimming
- Succeeding In Triathlon Without A Swimming Background