Open Water Swimming Career
- He won the Tampa Bay Marathon Swim in 1999 (8 hours 23 minutes), 2000 (8 hours 30 minutes), 2001 (9 hours 4 minutes) and 2002 (7 hours 41 minutes) and served as a trainer at the 2007 Tampa Bay Marathon Swim.
- He also has the fastest crossing at the Lake Travis Solo Swim in Austin, Texas.
- He competed in 8 USA Swimming National 25 km Open Water Swimming Championships, Traversée Internationale du lac St-Jean, and the Around Atlantic City professional marathon.
- He won the 2004 Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in 2004 in 7 hours 16 minutes.
- He finished third at the 1998 Manhattan Island Marathon Swim in 7 hours 24 minutes.
- He also successfully crossed the English Channel in 2001.
English Channel Swim
- Marcos Díaz Talks About Representing The Dominican Republic On WOWSA Live
- NYC Swim bio
- U.S. Masters Swimming - Swimming the English Channel
- USMS bio
- Distance Matters In Tampa Bay
- Distance Matters Twitter
- Swimmers Of The 18th 24-Mile Tampa Bay Marathon Swim
- Tampa Bay Marathon Swim
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- 2016 Tampa Bay Marathon Swim Race Date Announced
- Jay Eckert Suits Up To Lead Fast Field Across Tampa Bay