China Walls is infamous in Hawaii for its breathtaking beauty and treacherous waters. Due to the numerous fatalities that have taken place over the years, China Walls surf break has gained the reputation of being unpredictable and deadly. It is considered by some, to be a “rite of passage” to leap off the cliffs of Portlock into the rolling surf below.
The bottom is a jagged reef, but equally as dangerous are the jutting cliffs.
Portlock is a beachfront community on the island of Oahu that is made up of three separate neighborhoods where home prices start in the millions of dollars. Home sale prices in Portlock start at over $1 million. Homes that are located in the low-lying flat area close to the beach are priced anywhere from $3 million - $10 million, depending on the layout, land size, and square footage of the home. Portlock is only about 15 minutes from Honolulu, just east of Diamond Head volcano.
- A Finish On China Walls
- Finishing Can Be Cruel
- Man O Man It Was Horrendously Tough For Kim Chambers
- Ka'iwi Channel Swim, Ready For An Epic Undertaking
- Oh, That Has Got To Hurt!
- When The Timing Is Off At China Walls
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- When Stephen Redmond Faced The Great Wall Of China