Chasing The Sublime
Creating Chasing The Sublime is a film by Amanda Bluglass featuring wild swimmers Kate Rew and Kari Furre. The film was sponsored by The Outdoor Swimming Society in association with Alpkit with Red Moon Cruises, Akur Capital, Dryrobe and Aquatica Digital in 2018. Director of Photography is Danny Cooke, Editor is Michael Clark, swimmers Kate Rew and Kari Furre with underwater photography by Neil Hope and Danny Cooke.
- Vancouver International Women in Film Festival 2019
- Four Seasons Film Festival 2019
- Sheffield Adventure Film Festival 2019
- BMC Women Adventure Film Festival Competition 2019
Why do we put ourselves into the path of discomfort and risk? What drives us to get too cold and too tired, to battle with fear, in the name of adventure? Follow the originators of The Outdoor Swimming Society, ‘swim twins’ Kate Rew and Kari Furre, in this hauntingly beautiful glimpse at the physicality of UK cold water swimming, as two friends set out to chase the sublime.
- Binge Watching Swimming Over The Last Century
- Amanda Bluglass
- Creating Chasing The Sublime
- Outdoor Swimming Society
- Open Water Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- The Great British Swim Will Culminate On November 4th
- Circumnavigating Great Britain In 157 Days
- Films Around, In And Under Water By Amanda Bluglass