Cees-Rein van der Hoogenband
Dr. Cees-Rein van der Hoogenband is the Chairman of the FINA Sports Medicine Committee, a group of physicians who advise FINA (Fédération Internationale de Natation Amateur) on medical issues, including hypothermia and hyperthermia. The first committee was formed in 1966 and, two years later, a Medical Committee under the name of International Sports Medicine Committee was established as the equivalent to a technical committee.
Zachary Firsov (URS, 1966-1984), Jose Antonio Merino (ESP, 1984-1992), Allan B. Richardson (USA, 1992-2000), David Gerrard (NZL, 2000-2001) and now Margo Mountjoy (CAN) have presided over this Committee.
The Hon. Secretaries have included E. Gebhardt (GDR, 1969-1972), H. N. Bleasdale (GBR, 1972-1976), A. J. Bert de Pape (CAN, 1976-1992), J. Malcom Cameron (GBR, 1992-2000), Margo Mountjoy (CAN, 2000-2001), Peter E. Snape (GBR, 2001- 2003) and, since 2003, Eide Luebs (GER).
1. Dr. Cees-Rein van der Hoogenband, Chairman of the FINA Sports Medicine Committee
2. Dr. David Gerrard, Vice Chairman
3. Dr. Saul Marks, Honorary Secretary
4. Dr. Kevin Boyd, Member
5. Dr. Mouhamedou Diop, Member
6. Dr. Farhard Moradi Shahpar, Member
7. Dr. Jim Miller, Events Sub-Committee
8. Dr. Kyriakos Nanousis, Events Sub-Committee
9. Dr. Margo Mountjoy, FINA Bureau Liaison and IOC Member