Cathy Harrington is a 62-year-old American open water swimmer from Danville, California.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- Between 25-28 April 2018, she attempted all four stage swims of the SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona (9.5-mile or 15.2 km Saguaro Lake + 9-mile or 14.4 km Canyon Lake + 16-mile or 26.4 km Apache Lake + 6.2-mile or 10 km Roosevelt Lake), finishing two of them.
- She participated in the San Fran Ma’ams, a relay that pioneered a circumnavigation swim around Anacapa Island, sanctioned by the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association, in 6 hours 24 minutes on 18 August 2018 with Meg Omainsky and Alice Ma.
- On 24 August, she finished 41st overall in the 15.2 km Saguaro Lake stage swim of the 4-day SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 6:08:32.0.
- On 25 August, she finished 38th in the 14.4 km Canyon Lake stage swim of the 4-day SCAR Swim Challenge in Arizona in 5:46:06.5.
- On 26 April 2019, she finished 37th in the 27.3 km stage across Apache Lake on Day 3 of the 4-day S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge in Arizona in 11:18:27.36 at the age of 62.
- On 26-27 May 2019, she served as an observer of the Five Bridges Swim by Ken Mignosa in San Francisco Bay.
- Open Water Swimming
- Cathy Harrington Facebook page
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- 24 Hours Of Swimming In 4 Minutes
- 24 Hour Swim Relay In San Francisco
- The Relative Consistency Of Swimming Around The Clock
- 80 Swimmers From 9 To 9
- SCAR Swim Challenge
- Stefan Reinke Outduels Serbo Simeoni On SCAR Day 1
- S.C.A.R. Is Like Night And Day
- Jamie Ann Phillips Forges Into Lead In Apache Lake
- Reinke Hangs On, Jamie Ann Phillips Swimming Strong
- As Night Falls, So Does Men's Record. Jamie Ann Phillips Leads Way With Stefan Reinke
- Celebrating Swimmers Of The Santa Barbara Channel
- Jessica Kieras Wins Day 2 Of S.C.A.R. Swim Challenge
- Fast Flyer Freestyles, Finishes First