Caitlin O'Reilly is a 16-year-old swimmer from Auckland, New Zealand representing the Coast Swim Club in Silverdale.
Open Water Swimming Highlights
- She was honored at the 2018 New Zealand Ultra-Marathon Swim Awards.
- She became the youngest female to cross the Cook Strait between the North Island and South Island of her native New Zealand under the escort of Philip Rush on 24 February 2017 in 7 hours 19 minutes 15 seconds at the age of 12. Her coach is John Gatfield who was 13 years 3 months at the time of his own Cook Strait crossing in 2004.
- She won the 5 km Okahu to Kohi race in New Zealand in 2020.
- She completed a 40.2 km crossing of Lake Taupo in New Zealand at the age of 14 in 2019.
- On 17 February 2021, she completed a 28.6 km crossing of the Foveaux Strait in 10 hours at the age of 16 to complete the New Zealand Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming, coached by Philip Rush.
- Youth Is Served Again And Again And Again – Caitlin O’Reilly Completes NZ Triple Crown
- Seti Afoa On Samoa Swimming And The Orewa Ocean Series
- Caitlin O'Reilly, 12, youngest girl to swim across Cook Strait
- Precocious Pair Perform Perfectly Across Cook Strait
- Cook Strait History and Facts
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- New Zealand Ultra Marathon Swim Awards
- 2018 NZ Ultra Swim Awards
- NZ Ultra Swim Awards
- 2018 New Zealand Ultra-Marathon Swim Awards Night