noun - Bubble cap is a type of swim cap used by swimmers and triathlete. Bubble caps are generally soft with plenty of air pockets molded into the swim cap that provides a snug fit and a chin strap for comfort and warmth. Some swimmers occasionally double cap when swimming with a bubble cap.
Bubble swim caps are made of a very thin latex rubber formed into an air bubble design. They are available with and without chin straps, as well as half cap and full cap design and styles. Manufactured since the 1930's, bubble caps have been worn from swimming pools around the world to swimmers in the English Channel.
Bubble caps are typically excellent for people with lots of hair and can be made of latex or silicone.
- What Are The Ice Swimming Rules In The Winter Olympics?
- Double Capping, Two Times On The Head
- English Channel Swimwear
- To Bubble Or Not To Bubble - That Is The Question
- Standardization vs. Localization In Open Water Swimming
- Jammin' Fast In The Open Water
- Swimming Fast Under FINA Rules
- Floral swim caps by Headcovers Unlimited
- What Is Acceptable In The Open Water Swimming World?
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming