Brighton Beach is an oceanside neighborhood in the southern portion of the New York City borough of Brooklyn, along the Coney Island peninsula. Brighton Beach is bounded by Coney Island proper at Ocean Parkway to the west, Manhattan Beach at Corbin Place to the east, Sheepshead Bay at the Belt Parkway to the north, and the Atlantic Ocean to the south along the beach and boardwalk.
Brighton Beach is the home of the Coney Island Brighton Beach Open Water Swimmers (CIBBOWS), a 501(c)3 non-profit group dedicated to being a community resource for open water swimmers of all levels. As several members are experienced, long distance swimmers, CIBBOWS provides guidance and resources on training for swims across the English Channel, Manhattan Island Marathon Swim (MIMS), Long Island Sound, Catalina Channel and other challenging races. CIBBOWS offers three main activities: Group swims for the public, which are free; swim races for the public and club members; and water quality projects related to improving New York City's beaches, rivers and harbor.
Brighton Beach is a beach in Adelaide where the Australian Open Water Swimming Championships are held.
Brighton is a coastal suburb of Adelaide, South Australia, situated between Seacliff and Glenelg and aside Holdfast Bay. Some notable features of the area are the Brighton-Seacliff Yacht Club, the Brighton Surf Lifesaving Club, the Brighton Jetty, and its excellent beach. The Windsor Theatre constructed in 1925 is a long-standing institution, showing cinema to the locals usually two films per night.
- Kareena Lee, Open Water Olympian
- Madeleine Gough Takes 5 km Australian Open Water Swimming Title
- Ferry Weertman Works Out And Doubles Up At Australian Open Water Swimming Championships
- Nick Sloman Takes Another Step Forwards To Tokyo
- Kareena Lee Wins Another Title At Australian Open Water Championships
- Tough Strong Swimmers from TSS Win Australian 5 km Relay Title
- CIBBOWS website
- Aerial Photography of CIBBOWS Events
- CIBBOWS Race Schedule
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- Capri Djatiasmoro’s Priceless Birthday Swim
- The Sea Monkey Challenge Is A Year-round Commitment
- Capri Djatiasmoro Warms The Ice In Russia
- Eric Hedlin Wins Second Title In Australian Championships
- Top 10 10Kers at Australian Open Water Swimming Champs
- Swimming Against The Tide
- Sloman Goes Fast, Lee Leads Australian Nationals
- Kareena Lee Sweeps Race At Australian Championships