Brent Rutemiller is the CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Sports Publications, Inc., publishers of Swimming World Magazine, SWIM, Swimming Technique and Water Polo Scoreboard magazines and also produces SwimInfo.com and The Morning Show. On 3 November 2017, he merged the International Swimming Hall of Fame with Swimming World Magazine and became the Chief Executive Officer of the International Swimming Hall of Fame.
In 1998, the multi-talented Rutemiller authored Below the Surface, a groundbreaking book about the administrative side of coaching that was hailed by USA Swimming as recommended reading for coaches and swim team officers. It was the first comprehensive collection of procedures and policies to unify a team's mission with its attitudes and expectations.
- He served as the Editor of Swimming Technique magazine from 1990 to 1996, and the Technical Editor for Swimming World Magazine from 1994 to 1996.
- In 1984, he earned national recognition as the creator of educational materials for swimmers when he started a publishing company in San Diego, California. His educational comic strip, The AquaZoids, has been featured in Swimming World Magazine.
- He led a merger of Swimming World Magazine and the International Swimming Hall of Fame.
WOWSA Live with Brent Rutemiller
- As a successful former head swimming club coach and USA Swimming National Team Coach, he has over 20 years of coaching experience. He began his coaching career in 1976 at the Brookwood Country Club in Northern Kentucky as an assistant to Frank Busch (current USA Swimming national team head coach). He later became the Aquatic Director for the South Dearborn School Corporation in Indiana.
- In 1988, he was hired to coach with Pierre Lafontaine and to work with architects to help design and directly supervise the construction of a multi-million dollar sports training complex known today as the Phoenix Swim Club.
- In 1990, he was hired by the Scottsdale Aquatic Club to build a comprehensive competitive swim program sponsored by the City of Scottsdale Parks and Recreational Department.
- He currently serves as the President of the Arizona Swim Foundation.
Swimming World Magazine
Swimming World Magazine has a monthly publication rate of roughly 50,000 issues. With correspondents throughout the world, the authoritative publication provides up-to-date information online and through its features in its monthly printed magazine. It extensively covers American and international competitions as well as age-group, high school, college, masters and open water swimming athletes, events and trends. It also provides advice, articles, photos and data on health-related, product, service (e.g., swimming camps) and techniques.
- Swimming Has No Better Friend Than Brent Rutemiller
- Awards, Honors Of The International Swimming Hall Of Fame
- Brent Rutemiller Speaks About The Future On WOWSA Live
- Brent Rutemiller Named CEO
- Swimming World Magazine
- The Morning Show archives
- The Morning Show in iTunes
- Swimming World Magazine
- An Open Letter And Petition To FINA
- The Uniqueness Of Rob Copeland
- Athletes Do Right Thing By Craig Lord
- Tom Fristoe's TeamUnify Acquired By SportsEngine
- Will The Last Gold Be A Beginning?
- Mega Merger In Swimming, Revving Up With Rutemiller
- KAATSU Aqua For Strength And Speed
- The Merger That Shook Up And Revitalized The Sport
- These People Will Entertain, Inspire You With Their Answers
- Skolnick On Swimming At The Olympic Club
- Mosaic Of Marathoners
- Peter Davis, Aquatic Safety Unsung Hero
- Robert Strauss Honored By The Hall Of Fame
- Dale Petranech Honored Again, Deservedly
- Dr. Jim Miller Honored by MISHOF
- Nominate The Greatest For The Hall Of Fame
- What A Great Man, Dale Petranech
- Charlie The Savior: International Drowning Prevention Program Inspired By Baywatch