Balasaheb Ramchandra Ghadge
Balasaheb Ramchandra Ghadge is an Indian open water swimmer and police officer.
Marathon Swimming Career
- On 14 August 2000, he crossed the 14.4 km Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 5 hours 16 minutes at the age of 49.
- On 8 August 2001, he crossed the 14.4 km Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 5 hours 28 minutes at the age of 40.
- On 26 August 2001, he crossed the 14.4 km Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 5 hours 55 minutes at the age of 40, together with brother Vinod Ramchandra Ghadge.
- On 2 August 2002, he crossed the Strait of Gibraltar from Spain to Morocco in 6 hours 10 minutes at the age of 41.
- In 2004, he completed the 24.5 km International Swimming Marathon of Toroneos Gulf in Greece from Kallithea to Nikiti Beach in 14 hours 10 minutes.
- At the age of 48, he crossed the Palk Strait in 2011 from Talaimannar, Sri Lanka to Dhanushkodi, India in 12 hours 41 minutes in 2011, together with 50-year-old Rajiv Trivedi. They started the 29 km long swim from Talaimannar coast at 4 am on 25 March and reached Dhanushkodi, a city at the southern tip of Rameswaram island in Tamil Nadu, India at 4:40 pm.
- 3 For 30 Across Adam’s Bridge In The Palk Strait
- Swimming The Palk Strait
- Top AP Cop is Fastest Man To Swim Across Palk Strait
- Asociación de Cruce a Nado del Estrecho de Gibraltar
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Swimming Across The Palk Strait
- Open Water Swimming
- Marathon Swimming
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- IPS officer swims Palk Strait in record time