Angelica Maria Riberiro Andre (born 13 October 1994) is a 26-year-old Olympic and professional marathon swimmer from Portugal. She is the Portuguese national 800m freestyle record holder.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- She competed on the FINA 10K World Cup Circuit.
- She competed in the 2012 FINA Olympic 10km Marathon Swimming Qualifier in Setubal Bay, Portugal.
- She participated in the 10 km marathon swim at the 2014 FINA World Championships in Barcelona, Spain
- She participated in the 25 km marathon swim at the 2014 LEN European Swimming Championships
- She placed 19th in the 2016 Olympic 10 km Marathon Swimming Qualification Race.
- She finished 5th at the 2016 European Open Water Swimming Championships 10 km marathon swim
- On 23 May 2019, she finished 3rd the 10 km LEN Open Water Cup in Lac du Causse in Brive, France.
- She finished 5th in 2:02:23.70 at the age of 26 on 19 June 2021 at the FINA Olympic Marathon Swim Qualifier for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in Setúbal Bay, Portugal on 19 June 2021 and qualified for the 2020 Olympic 10K Marathon Swim in Tokyo.
- She finished 16th in the 10 km in 2:01:42.00 at the age of 26 at the FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series in Qatar on 13 March 2021.
- She finished 20th in the 10 km in 1:57:22.80 at the age of 25 at the FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series in Qatar on 15 February 2020.
- She DNF the 25 km at the age of 24 at the 18th FINA World Championships in South Korea on 19 July 2019.
- She finished 12th in the 5 km in 58:11.80 at the age of 24 at the 18th FINA World Championships in South Korea on 17 July 2019.
- She finished 19th in the 10 km in 1:55:23.40 at the age of 24 at the 18th FINA World Championships in South Korea on 14 July 2019.
- She finished 10th in the 10 km in 1:58:55.10 at the age of 24 at the FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series in Hungary on 15 June 2019.
- She finished 4th in the 10 km in 1:41:19.01 at the age of 24 at the FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series in Portugal on 8 June 2019.
- She finished 7th in the 10 km in 2:01:57.00 at the age of 24 at the FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series in Seychelles on 12 May 2019.
- On 4 August 2021, she finished 17th in the Olympic 10K Marathon Swim at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games in Odaiba Marine Park.
2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Results
1. Ana Marcela Cunha (Brazil, 29) 1:59:30.90
2. Sharon van Rouwendaal (Netherlands, 27) 1:59:31.70
3. Kareena Lee (Australia, 27) 1:59:32.50
4. Anna Olasz (Hungary, 27) 1:59:34.80
5. Leonie Beck (Germany, 24) 1:59:35.10
6. Haley Anderson (USA, 29) 1:59:36.90
7. Ashley Twichell (USA, 32) 1:59:37.90
8. Xin Xin (China, 24) 2:00:10.10
9. Lara Grangeon de Villele (France, 29) 2:00:57.0
10. Finnia Wunram (Germany, 25) 2:01:01.90
11. Samantha Arévalo (Ecuador, 26) 2:01:30.60
12. Cecilia Biagioli (Argentina, 36) 2:01:31.70
13. Yumi Kida (Japan, 36) 2:01:40.90
14. Rachele Bruni (Italy, 30) 2:02:10.20
15. Anastasiia Kirpichnikova (Russian Olympic Committee, 21) 2:03:17.50
16. Paula Ruiz Bravo (Spain, 22) 2:03:17.60
17. Angelica Andre (Portugal, 26) 2:04:40.70
18. Kate Farley Sanderson (Canada, 21) 2:04:59.10
19. Alice Dearing (Great Britain, 24) 2:05:03.20
20. Paola Perez (Venezuela, 30) 2:05:45.00
21. Michelle Weber (South Africa, 24) 2:06:56.50
22. Krystyna Panchishko (Ukraine, 23) 2:07:35.10
23. Li-Shan Chantal Liew (Singapore, 22) 2:08:17.90
24. Spela Perse (Slovenia, 25) 2:08:33.00
25. Souad Nefissa Cherouati (Algeria, 32) 2:17:21.60
2020 Tokyo Olympic Games Marathon Swim Coverage
- Ana Marcela Cunha Realizes Golden Olympic Dream
- Women’s Olympic 10K Marathon Swim Finalists For Tokyo
- Canada’s Kate Sanderson Is Heading To The Tokyo Olympic Games
- Spain's Paula Ruiz Bravo Is Heading To The Tokyo Olympic Games
- Hungary's Anna Olasz Is Heading To The Tokyo Olympic Games
- Upsets And Victories by Domenico Acerenza, Leonie Beck at LEN European Championships
- Swimming in Seychelles at the FINA World Junior Open Water Swimming Championships 2022
- Heat Survey for the Tokyo Olympic Marathon Swimmers
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Marathon Swim Predictions – Angelica Andre (Portugal)
- Olympic Dreams To Be Made In Setúbal Bay – The Women
- FINA/CNSG Marathon Swim World Series 2019 Rankings
- Cozumel Will Be Prelude to Rio
- The Closest Open Water Race In History
- Adrianna Bridi Wins La Patagones Viedma
- Federico Vanelli Wins La Patagones Viedma
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimming
- Open Water Swimming
- World Professional Marathon Swimming Federation
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- Angélica André record-breaking swim
- Who Will Be The Chosen 15 (male?
- Who Will Be The Chosen 15 (female?
- Open Water Swimming
- Paolo Ruiz, David Aubry Win LEN Cup At Brive La Gaillarde, France
- Angelica Andre FINA bio