Angel More is an 18-year-old American open water swimmer from San Carlos, California and Menlo School, coached by Evan Morrison who has completed the California Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming and the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
Open Water Swimming Career Highlights
- She is a Lifetime Member of the Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association.
- On 13 June 2015, she completed the 10 km race on Lake Del Valle in northern California in 3 hours 29 minutes 44 seconds at the age of 12.
- On 29 August 2015, she finished 10th in the 10 km Bridge to Bridge in San Francisco Bay, California in 1 hour 42 minutes 13 seconds at the age of 12, the youngest girl to do so.
- On 2 July 2016, she finished 10th in the 10 km Bridge to Bridge in San Francisco Bay, California in 1 hour 30 minutes 24 seconds at the age of 13.
- On 29 September 2016, she completed a 20 km Capitola Santa Cruz Pier-to-Pier in Santa Cruz, California in 8 hours 19 minutes at the age of 13.
- She completed a 19.6 km Santa Barbara Channel crossing from Anacapa Island to Oxnard on the California mainland on 10 August 2017, swimming in 7 hours 37 minutes 43 seconds with Peter Hayden as her observer at the age of 14, the youngest person to complete the swim.
- She has completed 51 Alcatraz Island to Aquatic Park crossings beginning at the age of 11.
- On 25 June 2018, she completed a 32.3 km crossing of the Catalina Channel from Santa Catalina Island to the California mainland in 14 hours 22 minutes 35 seconds at the age of 15.
- On 25 August 2018, she became the youngest person to swim 34.2 km across Lake Tahoe from Camp Richardson to Incline Village in 15 hours 39 minutes 10 seconds at the age of 15, the youngest person to successfully cross.
- With her swims of Monterey Bay, Catalina Channel and Lake Tahoe, she became the youngest person to complete the California Triple Crown to help support Children International, a Kansas City-based organization that has a mission of helping underprivileged children around the world escape poverty by providing the resources to learn and grow.
- On 2 September 2018, she completed a 16.1 km Round-Trip Angel Island from Aquatic Park in San Francisco Bay, California in 10 hours 59 minutes 15 seconds at the age of 15.
- She has completed six 10 km Bridge to Bridge swims in San Francisco Bay, California during her career.
- She was competed in the 1.5 km Vansbrosimningen swim in Sweden.
- She has competed in the Midmar Mile in South Africa.
- She has completed the 8.7-mile Thames Bridge to Bridge Marathon in England, where she was the youngest participant in 2016.
- She was the youngest person to complete the 12-mile Wharf to Wharf to Wharf swim in 2016.
- She has raised US$40,000 to date for Children International.
- She appeared in the month of April in the 2019 Marathon Swimmers Federation photo calendar.
- She was named one of the World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women in 2019 by the World Open Water Swimming Association.
- On 17 August 2019, she finished 13th in the 45.9 km 20 Bridges Swim around Manhattan Island in New York City in 9 hours 1 minute 49 seconds at the age of 16.
- On 15 September 2021, she completed a 33.5 km crossing of the English Channel from England to France in 14 hours 23 minutes at the age of 18 under the escort of pilot Stuart Gleeson to achieve the Triple Crown of Open Water Swimming.
- One More Makes It A Triple Crown For Angel
- Angel More gives HOPE to youth in poverty
- Angel More Blog
- More To Come: The Next Generation Across Channels
- Swimmers Honored By Santa Barbara Channel Swimming
- Santa Barbara Channel Swimming Association
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Marathon Swimmers Federation bio
- More To Come For This Angel
- These People Will Entertain, Inspire You With Their Answers
- Skolnick On Swimming At The Olympic Club
- Mosaic Of Marathoners
- Celebrating Swimmers Of The Santa Barbara Channel
- A Year With The Marathon Swimmers Federation
- 2019 World's 50 Most Adventurous Open Water Women