Andre Slade is the founder and owner of OceanFit of Australia that specializes in ocean awareness, confidence and fitness, delivering practical programs and online education to all ages and abilities from entry level to awesome.
Slade has been involved in the aquatic and lifesaving industry for 15 years with experience in pool and ocean lifeguarding, risk management, lifesaving management, surf education and learn to swim.
He was the National Lifeguard Manager for Surf Life Saving Australia for four years and is the current Managing Editor of the Australian Lifeguard Magazine.
OceanFit enables people to enhance their ocean lifestyle and discover, learn, watch and share 365 days a year. It offers a large range of How To videos devoted to beach culture, ocean awareness, confidence and fitness for both adults and children.
2020 WOWSA Awards
OceanFit by Andre Slade was nominated for the 2020 WOWSA Awards in the World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year category with the following nomination: When the COVID-19 pandemic slowed things down on dryland and with open water swimming events, Andre Slade of OceanFit sped up, big-time. When pools were closed, swimmers flocked to the open water and sought information and camaraderie among like-minded aquatic enthusiasts. OceanFit filled that vacuum and helped make open water swimming accessible to an entirely new slew of open water swimmers throughout Australia. Training programs were offered for free, up-to-date information on events and virtual swims were shared with over 13,000 swimmers. For launching the ONSHORE podcast featuring 39 interviews from Victoria to Queensland that share stories from Australia's east coast and Swim Buddies to enable people to register a profile (like Facebook) and contact with others to meet up for swims, for growing a Social Swimming Group directory to generate a more enlightened and educated swimming community, for launching domestic swimming holiday programs including Swim The Whitsundays, Swim Keppel Island and Swim Magnetic Island, and for taking a leadership role in exponentially growing the Australian open water swimming community with innovative programs and at unprecedented rates, OceanFit by Andre Slade is a worthy nominee for the 2020 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
2016 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year nomination
Slade's OceanFit was nominated for the 2016 WOWSA Awards, a recognition of outstanding men, women, performances and offerings around the globe sponsored by the World Open Water Swimming Association in the category of World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year: OceanFit combines the best of the sport: enjoying the ocean and fitness in an easy-to-navigate, easy-to-understand, easy-to-appreciate offering of ocean swimming events, training and education. The Bondi Beach service provider from Sydney helps swimmers of all ages and abilities become comfortable and safe in the ocean by clinics, lessons and online content. Conveniently packaged information is offered online and in person by founder Andre Slade to hundreds of ocean goers. More importantly, OceanFit has sent over $430,000 in fundraising revenue to the surf life saving clubs for organizing the events that, in turn, is used for saving lives on beaches in Australia. For its comprehensive ocean event calendar with helpful tips, for its useful newsletters and fun-loving ocean swim squads, for its detailed descriptions, videos and photos that showcase and financially support ocean swims all over Australia, OceanFit is a worthy nominee for the 2016 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year.
2016 World Open Water Swimming Offering of the Year nominees
1. Prison Island Swims (international)
2. KIM SWIMS (USA)
3. Samsung Bosphorus Cross-Continental Swim (Turkey)
4. Ocean City Swim Club Unified Team / Legion of Ocean Heroes Surf Lifesaving Festival (USA)
5. KAATSU Aqua (Japan)
6. Hawaiʻi Tiger Shark Tracking (USA)
7. OceanFit (Australia)
8. The Power of Swimming or Simma med Stjärnorna (Sweden)
9. Wildswim.com (United Kingdom)
10. Instabeat (International)
11. Terroir Project Collection (Denmark)
12. Agar Plasticity (Japan)
13. MadSwimmer (South Africa) Children Charity Swims
14. Swimming in the Sink: An Episode of the Heart by Lynne Cox (USA)
15. Global Alert Platform by the Ocean Recovery Alliance (Hong Kong)
16. Blue Mind Summits by Dr. Wallace J. Nichols
- Observations From OceanFit
- 2020 WOWSA Awards – World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Andre Slade
- Andre Slade Talks With Swimmers In Rough, Sharky Waters Down Under
- OceanFit Podcasts From New South Wales, Australia
- John Van Wisse Talks With Andre Slade On OceanFit
- OceanFit Podcasts Along The East Coast Of Australia
- Get, Be And Stay OceanFit With Andre Slade
- Murray Rose's Malabar Magic Ocean Swim
- OceanFit's Ocean Swimming Survey
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming
- Ocean Swimming Survey Results From OceanFit
- OceanFit Is Fabulously Fun