Abu Dhabi (Arabic: أبو ظبي) is the capital and the second most populous city in the United Arab Emirates (the most populous being Dubai). The capital of Abu Dhabi emirate, the largest of the UAE's seven member emirates, Abu Dhabi lies on a T-shaped island jutting into the Persian Gulf from the central western coast. The city proper had a population of 1.5 million in 2014.
Open Water Swimming
- Abu Dhabi is site of a stop on the FINA/HOSA 10K Marathon Swimming World Cup Series.
- Abu Dhabi is site of the 2019 Special Olympics World Games.
FINA Open Water Swim World Events
1st race - 6 February - La Patagones Viedma (Argentina), part of Maraton Patagones-Viedma International Open Water Swim
2nd race - 18 June - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3rd race - 23 July - Lac St-Jean (Canada), part of the Traversee international du Lac St-Jean
4th race - 12 August - Lac Mégantic (Canada), part of the Traversee international du Lac Mégantic
5th race - 9 October - Chun'an (China)
6th race - 16 October - Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
- Marc Antoine Olivier, Fast As Fast Can Be
- FINA Official Website
- Spyridon Gianniotis Wins Shantou and FINA World Cup
- Greek Star Shines on FINA 10K World Cup Circuit
- Ana Marcela Cunha Wins Another FINA World Cup Title
- List Of Marathon Swims Around The World
- Marathon Swimming
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Open Water Swimming website
- Daily News of Open Water Swimming
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame
- Aurélie Muller Wins In Abu Dhabi: Déjà Vu For Rio?
- Evgeny Drattsev On A Comeback
- Pilar Geijo Honored By The Hall Of Fame
- Ferry Weertman Leads FINA World Rankings
- 2019 Special Olympics World Games In Abu Dhabi