From Openwaterpedia松崎裕子) is a professional marathon swimmer with swims in several countries around the world. Matsuzaki is the first Japanese to be inducted as an Honour Swimmer in the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame. She was inducted in 2010 and gave a rousing acceptance speech at the United Nations in June 2011 at the Global Open Water Swimming Conference and International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame induction ceremonies. She is currently serving as the Asia Vice President of the International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame and is a two-time member of the 24-hour club.
Matsuzaki is a personable public speaker and currently working for the Rosen Hotels & Resorts in Orlando, Florida. She is also a board director and representative of the Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association, helping foreign channel swimmers attempt the Tsugaru Channel in Japan.
She wrote a book called Marathon Swimming: My Fun Journey in Japanese.
Record Marathon Swims
Matsuzaki completed two long unprecedented lake swims in Lake Cane, Florida with a 82 km marathon swim in 29 hours 55 minutes and her longest non-stop lake swim of 83 km completed in 33 hours 24 minutes in 13 September 2008 to join the 24-hour club. She completed an unprecedented 20 km marathon swim between North Caicos to Grace Bay, Providenciales in Turks & Caicos called Swim Marathon Turks & Caicos.
Professional Marathon Swimming Career
- in Serbia (the 19 km Jarak-Šabac Marathon Swim)
- in Greece (the 15 km International Swimming Marathon of Toroneos Gulf and 16 km Trichonida Marathon in 6:29 and the 30 km Open Water Swimming Marathon Kalamata – Koroni in 8:47 and 10:47)
- in Italy (the 36 km Maratona del Golfo Capri-Napoli)
- in Argentina (the 22 km and 57 km Maratón Internacional Ciudad de Rosario 9 times, 88K Hernandarias-Parana Marathon in 10:27, 10:08, 10:20, 10:47 and 11:04, the 57 km Maratón Acuático Rio Coronda in 9:48 and 9:37, the 25 km Mar del Plata)
- in the USA (the 35 km Around Atlantic City Marathon Swim in 8:46, 10:17, 9:08, 9:14, 12:10, 9:26 and 9:13, the 25K Swim Across The Sound in 7:37, 7:30, 8:33, 8:46 and 8:06)
- in Bermuda (the 10 km Round the Sound)
- in Canada (a double crossing of Lac Memphrémagog and the 40 km Traversée Internationale du lac Memphrémagog in 11:24, 13:09, 11:01 and 11:48, and 40 km Traversée internationale du lac St-Jean)
- in Italy (the 27 km Teraccina Marathon in 9:30, the 35 km Riviera Marathon in10:03 and the Capri-Napoli Marathon in 8:46, 9:42, 9:57 and 11:30, and the 20 km Trasimeno Marathon in 4:57)
- in Brazil (the 27 km Tapes Marathon in 7:40 and 9:01 and 8:30)
- in France (the 25 km Lac Du Bourget)
- and several 12- and 24-hour non-stop swims on behalf of the YMCA Youth Scholarship Fund
- 21 km unprecedented crossing in Turks & Caicos
She wrote a book called "Marathon Swimming, My Fun Journey". She writes SWIM Magazine and JOYO newspaper every month.
Matsuzaki graduated from the Tokyo Women's college of Physical Education.B.A.in Physical Education/ Institute of Sports Science The University of Tsukuna. She completed a study on fin swimming and presented her research at The Annals of Physiological Authropology/Tsukuba University, Graduate school of Physical Education. She completed a study on the Methodology of Physical Education entitled Energy efficiency of the Mono-Fin that was presented at the 37th Japanese Society of Physical Education.
First Professional Marathon Swim
Swim Marathon Turks & Caicos
- International Marathon Swimming Hall of Fame website
- Yuko Matsuzaki Website
- Open Water Swimming website
- Matsuzaki Makes Them Laugh And Cry
- Updated 24-Hour Club
- The Japanese Leg Of Oceans Seven
- Capri-Napoli, My First Marathon Swim Adventure
- 83K Charity Swim
- World Record 100K Relay Swim
- Get A Grip In The Open Water
- 50 Is New 30, 60 Is The New 40 In The Open Water
- Why Are Two Boats Used To Cross The Tsugaru Channel?
- When Lightning Strikes
- 2013 World Open Water Swimming Offering Of The Year Nominees
- Masayuki Moriya Navigating The Pacific With Ocean-navi
- 24-hour Club…Swimming All Day And Night
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming blog in Japanese
- Tsugaru Channel Swimming Facebook page
- Swimming With The Flying Dragon
- Swimming With The Flying Dragon (Tsugaru Channel Swimming Association)
- Safeguarding Swims With The Japan Coast Guard
- Jamie Patrick To Join Legions Of Lake Swimmers
- The Floating Tribe Around The Globle
- When Women Move Men And Mindsets
- Marathon Swimming: Yuko's Fun Journey Continues
- It Only Hurts After
- Yuko Matsuzaki Is Big In Turks & Caicos
- Pioneer Swim May Lead to Future Attempts
- Meeting People And Doing Swims
- [World Open Water Swimming Association