Uila O Le Sami
From OpenwaterpediaBruckner Chase by the High Talking Chief of the village Aunu'u in Amerika Samoa in May 2011 during a blessing and ceremony on the island moments before he began an unprecedented 9-mile crossing from Aunu'u Island to Pago Pago, the main island of Amerika Samoa. It can be translated to "Lightning in the Ocean" in English.
Chase's traditional tatau on his right arm is similar to a Samoan coat of arms with the lighting bolt cutting through the waves.
Toa a le Tai Video
- Bruckner Chase on Open Water Wednesday
- Bruckner Chase official website
- World Open Water Swimming Man of the Year
- American Samoa to Utilize Its 3000-Year History With The Ocean
- Ocean City Swim Club website
- Open Water Swimming
- Inaugural Aunu'u to Utulei Relay
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- 2012 World Open Water Swimming Offerings of the Year Nominations
- Toa o le Tai Program, Offering of the Year Nominee
- Swimming, the Most Complete Enjoyment, Professionally
- Ocean City Awash By Hurricane Sandy
- Abling The Disabled Both In And Out Of The Water
- Are Open Water Swimmers Watermen?
- The Euphoria Of Cold Water Swimming
- Swimming Fast And Slow With Stops Between
- Uila O Le Sami Returns To American Samoa
- Creating Lightning In The Ocean