From OpenwaterpediaUSAT) is the official national governing body of triathlon in the United States of America that provides rankings, racing schedules, merchandise, and travel information for multi-sport athletes of all ages and abilities.
USA Triathlon governs the sports of triathlon, duathlon, winter triathlon and aquathlon in the United States. Participation in a USAT-sanctioned event means the event director has the proper permits in place, liability and athlete excess medical insurance coverage and the event plan has met the standard of organization required. USA Triathlon provides rules, guidance and governance to set the standard for safe and fair multi-sport races.
Open Water Swimming Safety
- USA Triathlon website
- USA Triathlon Fatality Incidents Study Released
- The Crimson Tide Rolls And Stays Grounded
- Thrice As Nice, Triathletes With A Love Of The Open Water
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- Swimmer Spotters Added To USMS Risk Management Policies
- NCAA Agrees Triathlon Is Emerging
- Water Temperature Recommendations By USA Triathlon
- This Sister Can Swim!