From Openwaterpediaopen water swimming, cycling, and running in immediate succession over various distances.
Triathlon races vary in distance. According to the International Triathlon Union and USA Triathlon, the main international race distances are Sprint distance (750m swim, 20 km bike, 5 km run), Intermediate (or Standard) distance, commonly referred to as "Olympic distance" (1.5 km swim, 40 km ride, 10 km run), the Long Course or 70.3 (1.9 km swim, 90 km ride, 21.1 km run, such as the Half Ironman), and Ultra Distance (3.8 km swim, 180 km ride, and a marathon: 42.2 km run); the most recognized branded Ultra Distance is the Ironman triathlon.
- USA Triathlon Fatality Incidents Study Released
- Political Incorrectness In The Open Water
- Triathletes Are From Mars, Open Water Swimmers From Venus
- Is The Evolution Of Sharks Mixed Up Because Of Neoprene?
- Heading Back To School In The Open Water
- Clocks And Clouds In Swimming And Triathlons
- The Open Water Grave By Gerry Rodrigues
- Badges Of Honour In Open Water Swimming
- Tri To Improve In The Pool And Open Water
- Why Do Healthy Athletes In The Open Water?
- The Visionary Behind Swim Miami
- Thrice As Nice, Triathletes With A Love Of The Open Water
- Differences Between Men And Women In The Open Water
- Is Swimming The Most Dangerous Leg In Triathlons?
- The Dark Shadows Of Neoprene In The Open Water World
- The Benefit Of Sharing Information With Triathletes
- Eclectic Artwork For The Open Water Swimmer
- You Are An Old-time Swimmer If...
- 2016 Rio Olympics Is Going To Be HUGE!
- Open Water Swimming - Bodysurfing Keys To Success
- Choppy Waters Navigated Well By Michelle Simmons
- 50 Things Open Water Swimmer Should Not Do
- 100 Things Every Open Water Swimmer Should Know
- World Open Water Swimming Association
- NCAA Agrees Triathlon Is Emerging
- Bob Bowman Loves Deck-ups And Ins And Outs Too
- If Triathlons Did Not Include Swimming
- Thaddeus Gamory Diversifies From NYPD To South Florida
- Pádraig Picks Up Personality Plaque
- Don't Just Be. Be Relentless
- Be Relentless, Norma Bastidas
- The Eyes Of The Judges Overrule Transponders